Taste of Tuscany
Tuscany: October 7 to October 16, 2017
Hidden Treasures Tours is very excited to announce our Taste of Tuscany Tour. This incredible experience will allow the traveler the opportunity to utilize all their senses; the sights of the Tuscan countryside, the smells of working vineyards and cheese farms, the sounds of the locals enjoying the fruits of their labors, the touch of historical botanical gardens and buildings, and most certainly, the tastes of wine, cheeses, olives and olive oils, and much more.
We will lodge in authentic 18th century Tuscan villas that are located on working farms and experience true Tuscan cuisine with the opportunity to sample the best Tuscan wines; all produced on the working farms – this tour will be a paradise of flavors, fragrances and relaxed country living. Space is limited as each villa so get your reservations in early!
Oct. 7 Arrive Florence
- Welcome dinner
Oct. 8 Florence at leisure
Oct. 9 City tour Florence & Private Tour of Torrigiani Gardens
- Recently open to the public, Torrigiani Gardens is the largest privately owned garden in Europe.
Oct. 10 The Orcia Valley & Siena
- Gardens of Villa Vico Bello & olive oil tasting
- Walking tour of Siena
- Winery visit & tasting in Montalcino
Oct. 11 Castello di Celsa and Villa La Foce
- Today we will have a full day excursion to the magnificent gardens of Siena.
Oct 12 Pienza and Palazzo Piccolomini – Montepulciano
- Visit to the historic center of Pienza and the Palazzo Piccolomini and gardens
- Visit with an organic cheese maker
- Transfer to Montepulciano for leisure time
Oct. 13 to Florence Villa di Maiano & Villa Gamberaia
- Tour of Villa di Maiano Gardens and the ground floor of the Villa (Fiesole)
- Olive oil tasting and lunch at Fattoria di Maiano
- Tour of Villa Gamberaia in Settignano
Oct 14 Florence Gardens
Full day excursion for the visit of the Florence Gardens & Farewell Dinner
- Villa Corsi Salviati
- Villa Medici di Petraia
- Giardino di Boboli
Oct. 15 Florence at Leisure
Oct. 16 Depart